Saturday, December 7, 2013

My Thanksgiving Holiday

While on vacation, someone asked me " Do you see a vacation as a luxury or a necessity?". So I replied "Both". Yet, the more I actually think about it, I am really leaning towards the fact that it is a necessity. I prefer to travel on my vacations to change the scenery and experience something out of the ordinary.  Instead of going home for Thanksgiving this year, my bf and I decided to take a trip down to Mexico for some Sun and much needed R&R. Because of my body clock, I was up early every morning around 6am, but it was nice to have that time for some morning coffee, reading, and prayer.

Earlier this year, we took a trip down to Cabo San Lucas and bought a membership to a vacation program. It is similar to a timeshare except for the fact that you are staying at five star resorts all over the world. Traveling is a passion of ours and I plan to travel with my kids in the future some day, so it made good sense for us. I am excited to bring our family and friends next time. In fact, I think I might just make this an annual tradition during the Thanksgiving Holiday. The staff at the resort were amazing, they even had American Football on all the big screen TVs on Thanksgiving Day knowing that it was a huge deal for some Americans. Loved it! Here are just a few snapshots from the resort we stayed at.

View from our room
Where I sat for my morning coffee
Another view from our room
We were in walking distance from the heart of Cabo. Stopped in Cabo Wabo for happy hour one day, 
Ventured to a few local spots for the best two dollar tacos ever!



Oh and by the way, I have an exciting announcement!

ENGAGED!

More Details on the engagement will be coming soon! Happy Weekend!!


3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!! I'm so happy for you! :) Also, love the photographs from your getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from the Weekend Block Party. WHAT A FUN POST to start reading your blog on! Congrats on the big news! Looking forward to more posts!

    I hope you'll hop over to my blog too!

    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete