Sunday, October 27, 2013

Life is Beautiful


Well, I guess there is always something going on here in Las Vegas but I think most people only hear about all the excitement on the strip. There is another part of Vegas that is gaining a lot of attention and that is the "downtown" area or as most people would consider it the "old strip". There is new movement to revitalize this area called the Downtown Project and it is an exciting time!

The Life is Beautiful Festival was held downtown this past weekend and I could not miss the opportunity to go. Music, Art, Food, and Learning..this is my kind of scene. I love going to festivals and I could not miss the one in my own town. Famous chef's and some of the best restaurants in Vegas catered their delicious cuisine. Fine dining food at a music festival WHAT?! I was in heaven. Nobu served my favorite yellowtail jalepeno and I tried some black truffle pasta from Artisanal Foods.There is artwork everywhere as you walk the streets of downtown. I would have taken more pictures, but my phone died . Here are a few snapshots of a happy time






The music was so fun! Imagine Dragons put on a spectacular show with a unforgettable Percussion/Cirque performance at the end. Capital Cities, Alabama Shakes, Kings of Leon were a few other bands we got to see preform. I think the festival was an awesome way to put Vegas on the map as   a place full of arts and culture outside the Vegas Strip. It was a good time and I hope this festival becomes an annual event for Vegas.

 

Life is truly Beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment