Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Three New Things

Man! It is hard going back to the grind after a long weekend. I feel like this week is going by in slow motion. So this week, I decided to try three new things. It just so happens that two out of the three new things has to do with food. Ha!

#1. In my effort to drink more water and detox, I made a concoction of infused water. I was inspired by this post from Lauren Conrad. I ended up making the watermelon, lemon and mint infused water. And it has been quite tasty! I let it sit overnight and then have my handy tumbler with ice ready to go in the morning.


#2. My favorite smoothie from my old gym is the Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie. So, I figured I would try it at home and save a few dimes.



TJ's PB & J Smoothie

  • 1/2 cup of vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
  • 6 Strawberries cut in halves ( You can add whatever berries you prefer)
  • 1/2 banana or a whole one if you prefer
  • 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter ( I used the crunchy PB)
  • Optional: Whey Protein/Soy Protein, I added a tablespoon of Flax Seed
Mix all ingredients in a blender and enjoy! I used one of those single serving blenders so my measurements may be for one serving, but I would probably double the recipe for more than one serving. 


#3. I have been following this new fitness blog to help my workout routine. So I tried one of their cardio workouts: 

400-Calorie Tush-Toning Interval Workout


It was a good one and kicked my booty. Check it out!

I hope you are having a good week! I say we start a movement for a three-day weekend...even though it prob wouldn't make good business sense...

Take me back to the beach!







1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try that detox water. It looks refreshing. I'll have to try the workout too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete