Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summertime in Vegas

Not to brag, but the one thing I love about Vegas is that our summers are WAY longer than the summers that I am used to back in the Midwest. And sometimes I take if for granted because you really get used to the heat here.

Last night I had one of those magical summer moments and its nights like these that I wonder if I could ever go back to living somewhere with a change of seasons. Our friends took us up to a "local spot" that I have never been to before. They invited us to a bonfire, a typical summer event... right? Well this was no ordinary bonfire in someone's backyard. It was was up on a hill outside the"Caves" with a breathtaking view overlooking the strip. With some music and good company, it was a lovely summer night in Vegas.









4 comments:

  1. Sounds incredible. The summer here in Boston is seriously lacking. Today felt more like fall :( i've been to Vegas once- got there Friday and left Sunday. Next time I need to make more of the trip and get a local's point of view on ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Boston and miss the smell of Fall back east! Let me know if you are in Vegas next and I will be happy to give you some local's advice!

      Delete
  2. It has been pretty chilly in Ohio, and before that it was just so rainy. Enjoy the heat and the new spot you found! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true..I miss the rain and cold crisp air sometimes.

      Delete