Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Fourth and I hope you can relax on your day off! 



"Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation and freedom in all just pursuits."


Since it's the 4th today, I am reflecting on being Free. One of my goals this year is to read more often so I have gathered a few books to read this summer. First on my list is called "Escape from North Korea: The Untold Story of Asia's Underground Railroad." which is about a small group of people trying to escape to Freedom. I actually have long lost distant family in North Korea whom I have never met before so I am sure this book will hit close to home. Sometimes we are so consumed with our culture of wanting more that I think it is important to be grateful for the freedoms that we currently have.



2 comments:

  1. This looks like such an interesting read! Let me know how it is. I might have to add it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I just finished this one and it is a must read! I read it on the 4 hour plane home from Detroit.

      Delete